My last face number 29, phew! Was going to do an oil for today, but as I started the challenge with the intention of getting to grips with acrylic paints I thought I better do my last face in that medium. I still not hundred per cent happy using acrylics, but I have discovered a new technique that creates dreamy romantic paintings. I call it splatter! I paint the picture in a flat style then use layers and layers of splatters (Made by using very wet paint. You fill the brush with paint then flick the bristles and splatter!) It is hard to control but you can get some interesting effects.
I have really enjoyed the challenge even though at times I wondered what I was thinking when I signed up for it! I think next time I do something like this make I must be sure I don't have any big projects in the pipeline.
Would you believe it I am setting up my own challenge, yes, you guessed it I am a workaholic! I have always wanted to keep a decent journal, but get distracted. So, October is Journal Month – I won't be able to do a page a day, but have intentions of doing at least 2 a week. There I am now committed!
Here is the first page with the scripture I am taking into the coming week. I have to admit that I have added some embellishments after I uploaded – yes the flowery things. Think I will be on the lookout for stamps now. Sigh, the collecting of art tools never stops. Hehehe. (Any tips for avoiding seriously buckled pages, would painting a layer of gesso help?)
I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead. Philippians 3:13 NLT
Have a great week creating lovely art and objects.
Linking with Sunday Sketches
PS - the Liebster award
Thank you Denthe ♥! This award involves sharing 11 things about myself, answering 11 questions posted by the giver, and then nominating 11 blogs. I am informed that this should be blogs with less than 200 followers.
The 11 Questions posted by Denthe
Do you collect things? And if so, what do you collect and why?
Old China, the art work on them just inspire awe. I would have trouble painting the motifs on paper let alone china. Also cats real and memorabilia! Why just love cats and their attitude.
What is your favorite city and why?
It has to be Paris. Whenever I have been there I have had the most amazing time.
What irritates you immensely?
Barking dogs, there is one next door and he drives me crazy, I like dogs, but this one is mean as. Jumped the fence and tried to eat my cat, big boy Ambrose. Need I say any more.
What do you love most about yourself?
Now thats a hard one. Probably that I am loyal to those I love
If you could change something about yourself, what would it be?
My Body? Not because it is ugly, but because it is broken and lame.
What do you really want to do before the end of the year?
Believe in myself as an artist, since blogging I am getting there. Get some chooks so that I can have my own eggs.
What is your favorite form of exercise??
Sitting on a sofa reading! Seriously, I used to be a lunatic trail runner and thought nothing of running up mountains and going for a 30 mile jog. It stuffed up my body big time.
What do you do when you're stressed?
Watch TV, read and eat and swear at the cats I do apologise to them later and they forgive and purr and slobber over me.
Are you a morning- or a nightperson?
A disgusting morning person, I been known to be up long before dawn.
What is the first thing you do when you get up in the morning?
Feed the cats and make my first cup of tea for the day.
11 things about myself
- I love cats - have three at present
- After a lifetime of wandering the globe, I have settled in NZ and love it. I am a Kiwi but left it at an early age and came back about12 years ago.
- I love my house,and its large garden, and hopefully some hens soon. Just got to convince my neighbour that they don't attract vermin!
- I am gloriously happy single and intend to stay that way. Had a long marriage that should have ended years before it did.
- I am very self–centred (selfish?). But then all committed artists are if they are honest, think of your partner or family sitting alone while you are creating. But because they love us or they know that we are hell on speed if we are not creating they put up with it!
- I love humour, and often see the funny side of things on the wrong occasions.
- People watcher – one of my favourite activities to to have coffee at cafes and watch the other customers and wonder about them – or it could be that I just like a decent latte.
- I am a paradox, I love my own company and people think of me as a loner, but I love people all sorts, and need to interact with them. Maybe it is my selfishness coming out - I only want people around me on my own terms
- I hate sitting and doing nothing.
- I love colour, and hate the current trend in Kiwiland for its obsession with black, black all the time. The world is depressing enough without having to wear mourning clothes. Ouch, some people are going to hate that!
- I am a very committed Christian, although I am not a fan of churches. Maybe because I have not found one that I think is honest. Ouch again!!!!
11 Blogs - I hope none of these may have more than 200 followers, so in no particular order:
There are heaps more and if you want to nominate yourself feel free to do so! just grab the button and go for it.
My 11 Questions for the above:
- What is your favourite flavour of ice cream?
- Are you a dog or cat person
- Who is your hero or heroine in the art world?
- If you had to spend a month on a deserted island what famous person you would like to accompany you.
- On this said island you were allowed only one song to play what would it be?
- What drives you crazy?
- What is your favourite colour?
- If you were allowed only one art medium what would it be?
- What do you like best autumn or spring?
- What is your favourite activity
- Do you like chooks (hens)
NB You don't have to take part, I won't be offended, as I know some people don't like this sort of stuff and I know it is time consuming. But I would love to read your answers! If you take part please ask your nominees 11 questions.