Pages

Sunday 8 January 2017

2017 New Starts

Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year.  I did.


Today I am going to show you some new projects I have for 2017.  The first one is not really new, as I am morphing my Ravelry 2016 BAM into the 2017.  I only did 6 of the 2016!  For January’s Blocks I did the main block Moody Blues by Helen Shrimpton


For the filler block I didn’t do the chosen block as it was very lacy so I did last year’s August block - Queen of the Meadow byLettice Rose.  In my colours it looks as if it should be called Queen of the Coral Reef! 


The next project is a pretty vintage project for a dear friend.  An Afghan design - Song of the Forest by Johanna Lindahl.


It is a join as you go which is good as I suck at joining!  Quite complicated but the instructions have lots of photos.

The last project is a project for those times when I don’t want to pore over instructions, great for while watching TV etc. Mind you it is in 4 ply!  But is wool so will be heavy enough for a throw. It is the Memories Cal by Julie Yeager.  


In between these I have lots of WIP’s from last year to finish!  So, a busy New Year for me.  Have you lots of new crafty plans for 2017?

I hope you all have a wonderful week and produce a lot of eye candy for me to look at, lol.
This made me laugh when I saw it, so me!




To see other work by fellow Year of Project participants click on the logo in the side column.

20 comments:

  1. Great projects !!! Beautiful colors and funny, but so true, quote !!!!
    Have a wonderful 2017 !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna, and you have a wonderful year too!

      Delete
  2. Your squares are beautiful. The vintage one really caught my eye. How nice that it is join as you go too. Love the word and meaning. That about sums up most of us YOPers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your crocheted squares, can't choose a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The squares are great! Nice to see bright colours in the middle of my dull grey winter day! I can totally see what you mean about the "coral-like" ruffles in the Queen of the Meadow square :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The squares look great...yes I ate doing motif projects because of the joining required! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your crocheting is beautiful. And thank you for the new word - procraftinate!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, how appropriate that definition is for us crafters. Your blocks are mini works of art in themselves - so neat. I really like the start of your new crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are beautiful blocks and yes....the 2nd one looks like coral! Beautiful! I was going to join but I just don't see how as I'm making presents for next year already. Your last block is so pretty and I do love the vintage look and feel to it. It is just gorgeous. Is it a pattern for just one block or is there a whole blanket pattern? It is stunning! Well, they all are! Love the procraftinate sign. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the vintage pattern is a whole afghan.

      Delete
  9. Wow, your squares are gorgeous. And yes I pro-craftinate all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Moody Blue square with the pop of red and yellow. And you already know I love your Queen of Coral Reef square. What a perfect name! And your Song of the Forest blanket will be so pretty done in those colors. And Sharon - I LOVE the yarn you're using in your Memories squares. It just makes me happy to look at it. And thank you for the chuckle. Procraftinating! What a great word!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the squares, and the sign!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your colourful squares Sharon! thanks for sharing the links too! I have so much wool here that I want to use, I just never seem to get around to do it ....

    ReplyDelete