Pages

Sunday 28 August 2016

Tah Dah!

Sorry I didn’t blog last week. My chest infection became pneumonia and I was knocked right off my feet, but an infusion of antibiotics have done the trick and I am nearly functioning on 3 cylinders, lol.   The upside while I didn’t feel like blogging etc . I have especially in the last few days been able to do lots of crochet.

First of all, I did manage to finish the Bam2015  Afghan with a couple of hours to spare for the Ravellenics. So here she is in all her glory.




For my troubles I got two awards, the WIP Wrestling:


And the laurel for modular work from our team Captain:

New Starts

As I last posted on finishing the Afghan I was going to treat myself to starting a new one, well I have decided to do both as I have ideal recipients for both. So the Lotus Moon Tiles started 2 weeks ago and I am motoring ahead of the group on it as it is for my grandnieces birthday and that is before the Cal ends.  By the colours (pinks) you might have guessed Kendal will be 8.



The second one is for my sister in law; it is a Cal run by the Colourful Cal group on Ravelry.  Its starts on 1st September but  I have got a head start, I am using odds and ends of wool from my stash.  So I present Demelza by Catherine Bligh, it was influenced by The Poldark series on the BBC.  She has also designed a Ross Afghan as well.


So far I have used 18 colours!  It is very satisfying to use up odd bits of wool that have been cluttering up the place for ages.

However, I have to confess that I have an order of wool in the post for the Julie Yeager Cal that starts in 2 weeks, no wonder I need to be ahead on the other cals.

Finally I wish to thank Anna from Anna's Simple Crochet for the One Lovely Blog Award.  I will do a separate post for that during the week.  Have a beautiful creative week everyone and I will see you on my rounds.

Click on logo to go and visit other lovely blogs in the group.

17 comments:

  1. What wonderful crochet going on there. Just beautful work, very creative xx Hope you feel better in yourself soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pleased that you are ok now !
    All your creations are so beautiful !!! And your "tah daH" blanket, perfect !!!!
    Have a lovely week crocheting lotus!
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sharon, what a gorgeous blanket!! ♥ Colors, patterns... everything's so pretty, it's a real treasure. Love your new projects, too, especialle the lotus flowers. Wishing you a quick recovery, sorry to hear that you were so ill! Have a nice summer evening. Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my are you ever accomplished! Your lovely blanket that is so beautiful and the others...wow! I hope you are better and I hope you make your deadlines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful!! Really gorgeous blanket! Love your new starts so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, that is some of the most beautiful afghans I think I have seen in a while. Your work is exquisite. I am glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Take care of yourself.......You help inspire many here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, that is some of the most beautiful afghans I think I have seen in a while. Your work is exquisite. I am glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Take care of yourself.......You help inspire many here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh... that finished blanket looks beautiful. And your Lotus Moon tiles are just lovely. I love the name, even. :) And then I scrolled on down and saw that Demelza square. Wow. That blanket is going to be gorgeous, too. I love those colors! You have some heirlooms here and in the making, Sharon. I'm just imagining how thrilled the peeps you're giving these to are going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I miss your stunning works of art but this gorgeous creativity will suffice... I love those colours together and your artistic talent transcends all genres obviously! Your use of colour is always perfection and makes my heart sing! As a former avid crocheter I understand how complex some of those patterns can be.... Fabulous work!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing choice of colors on all your blankets. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just adore your finished Bam, it turned out beautifully and well done on getting it complete on time. Love the new blankets, specially the Lotus one and I'm sure your grandniece will also just love it, what a special gift! Hope you continue to get better completely this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My word!! All those finishes as well as being quite ill - amazing! I hope you are fully recovered now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear that you have been so ill, but glad to hear now that you are on the mend. Spring is just around the corner, and the hopes of more sun to brighten up our days.
    You do such lovely crochet work, and so full of colour. Bam2015 is gorgeous, congrats on your medal and laurel - Lotus leaf flower afghan is already stunning, and I know it is no where near finished, lol, but I can tell it is going to be stunning -

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your finished afghan! How pretty. I also love love love the lotus afghan you've started and the other one too. They are going to be amazing. I love seeing those flowers in the lotus blanket the most. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the afgan, absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete