Pages

Sunday 7 October 2012

Sunday Sketches and journal pages

I have become hooked on making pages in my journal! The page below is done in acrylics, gouache, pencils and gel pen, oh and some homemade stamps. I cheated and changed the colour of the text on the computer, having it all white make the page flat. Also, as yet, I do not have the confidence of being able to place the text straight away, I need the computer to work out the layout.


This journal page has an amazing story behind it. A while back I was being bullied by a woman who made my life a misery. I couldn't figure out out what I had done to cause such behaviour. A mutual friend told me it was probably something she saw in me that she didn't like. I thought yeah oh well? And promptly took myself out of that circle. The amazing thing happened last week, I saw this woman up town, and was about to cross to the other side of the street, when she called out “Sharon, please have coffee with me!” I hesitated and looked at her, she was thin and hagged. I thought “What the heck, I can stand up to her.”

Then something glorious happened she apologized, it was done with her heart as she had tears in her eyes. Then she explained, like me she had been in a serious car crash and her life changed over night. She said she hated the way I dealt with it with a smile always on my face, and finding positive things about the situation, and using it to make a new direction in my life. She said she was so resentful and full of bitterness that she took to drinks and drugs. She ended up in prison, and there she finally started to turn her life around. Then she asked me why didn't I feel bitter. I was astounded. I explained to her that I had my share of bitterness and it was a battle for me, and that perhaps I was fortunate in that I had seen what bitterness and anger could do as my uncle was an alcoholic and my brother had experimented with drugs, and I knew at no cost that I would go down that road, and that in latter years my faith in God has brought about major healing. We hugged each other, and while we may never be friends, there is sisterhood, an understanding. 

Later that night the words on the journal page above keep resounding in my head. I am sure they are words to some song I heard somewhere. Anyway, I felt that they were appropriate. 

The scripture I am taking into next week I posted on my devotional blog, but, I will share it here with you guys as well. I used
watercolour and pencils, and yes I did add the text on the computer.

Have a happy week creating and God bless.

Linked to Sunday Sketches


16 comments:

  1. Love both of your pages. The story is familiar, sad but true. I am going to become a follower of yours as soon as this is posted. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art journal page is lovely. That is an amazing story you told. That seems to be the case when someone lashes out at others; it's because they are hurting. And it's such a shame some have to go all the way to the bottom before they start healing. Your watercolor stamp is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A powerful post Sharon with many messages. Thank you for sharing this - especially the scripture piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great song (turn, turn, turn-- they byrds)! your journal pages are lovely. the first is kind of haunting and the second very uplifting. so glad you got some closure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is an astounding story. Thanks for sharing. I feel I have been on both sides of this situation before. You are fortunate in having a blessed character - bitterness can't be put aside as easily as all that. Am impressed with her as well. Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So interesting. I am glad she had the courage to aplogise for making you miserable.
    Lovely pages and those words have been a song, not sure who by. Have fun...see you next week.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a wonderful inspiring post, so glad I stopped by Sharon! Love the art too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a beautiful post...wow, what a story. I love how you did your journal pages.
    I am sure you feel a sense of peace now that you are an understanding with each other...good for you! we all struggle with life in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic post ~ amazing art and you are one 'enlightened' being ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello Sharon
    how wonderful that with time things can come full circle or to a place of healing. your page is lovely.

    i have trouble putting words on my art... rarely do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing story. Your art is already meaningful, but your words gave it even more clarity knowing the story behind it. How interesting that you effected that woman so strongly without even trying to...A good lesson to us all; after deep introspection it often is "not about us" but "about them", the one who pulls away or speaks ill will to us. How strong you were to even approach her when she invited you. And bravo to her for coming around with an apology. Look how far down she went. I hope she will recover herself; and in the meantime I will go on enjoying your art and your beautiful smile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful post and beautiful journal pages, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am really touched about your story and your lovely journal page completes the story in a wonderful way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. amazing story Sharon, lovely to read! And your journal page is beautiful, love the softness of the face.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I\m visiting from Paint Party Friday, but stayed to visit more, I love your work, I have joined as a follower, I won't miss any of your beautiful work now!

    ReplyDelete