Pages

Sunday 21 October 2012

Grab a Star

I have been a bit slow of the mark this week. I did this journal page for the challenge at Artist's Playroom and then forgot to post and link to it before the linky closed. So I am posting it for at Art Journal Everyday and Sunday Sketches. The prompt was 'celestial and stargazing'. I decided to scan the work in stages so you can see how it evolved.

First of all I started with this drawing.

Then I got my acrylics and painted.


 Next I used a variety of methods to make marks, one of my favourite methods at the moment is get cotton and glue it to the paper and then run a roller over it. Also I am in love with my white gel pen , which I like to use for writing. I brush some very diluted watercolour over the writing and it changes the tint. So here's the finished piece. I got to say hat I actually like the unadorned piece as much as the finished one. Maybe the final piece is too busy?

It has been said that for every person born there is a star! That star holds all our dreams. Shows us what we can be. We can stand out and be special. If we gaze up into the heavens we just might see our special star twinkling at us, saying reach out, grab hold of me. We all can be stars!


Have a wonderful creative week every body.

10 comments:

  1. sorry you missed the APR deadline as this was perfect but happy you got to share it anyway... the face is beautifully drawn...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketch here. I love her even all by herself. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely creation ~ her portrait is wonderful ! ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. she's so pretty, i love the finished piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the layers you have achieved with drawing, color, lines, and words. Thanks for explaining your technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice journal page! Thanks for the creative explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah, such lovely thoughts and a sweet piece of art to express it. I will look at the night sky different this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great page and totally agree, we are all stars... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautiful face! Thnx for explaining how you did the background. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete