Pages

Monday 10 June 2013

Home




Home means a lot of things, my house is my home, my sanctuary.  However I have a real pull to the area where I spent my childhood and which still is my spiritual home.  I grew up mainly in small contry towns.    I had a blessed childhood roaming the bush and the valleys and riding with my brother and sister along little country roads.  When I was living in Europe, I would get very homesick for the bush and ocean, and when it got to the point of not being able to see crashing waves on TV without bursting into tears, I knew it was time to return.  While I don’t live near my childhood home I know it is within reach.

I had started this water colour in my art journal a while ago and decided to finish it for this challenge.  I was so pleased with it that I couldn’t bear to write or add embellishments, so I scanned it and added them in Photoshop!

I am entering this in Susi’s Art-Journal Journey's monthly challenge.  The prompt this month is ‘home’ of course!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Sharon that looks like I feel when I am thinking of New Zealand.. fresh green fab blue!

    AWESOME!
    What a great childhood.. no wonder that you won´t life in any other country...

    blessings! Thank you so much for this fantastic entry..
    I love hybrid pieces... sometimes we have to do hybrid .. I made this a few times also...

    good to have different media to express our creativity and feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW,this looks fab,the green fresh backround is wonderful,Awesome.

    Greetings Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so luscious...almost like a rich, green oasis! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is fabulous! Love the colors and the poem is beautiful!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete