Pages

Monday 8 April 2013

Nasturtiums



Today for Mandarin Orange Monday I have merged two photos from my garden.  A yellow orange nasturtium and a pile of sticks from my pruning activities.
nasturtium
sticks


The result was this with a bit of fiddling with levels, saturation's etc in Photoshop



Then I fiddled a lot more and got this variation



I wonder where I will go from here.  Hum…. I know I will merge this close up photo of one of my paintings.





I really liked this one but to me it was calling out for some text!  So… with a bit more fiddling intensifying the reds and adding another little nasturtium flower hey presto!





Then I cropped the original image and played around with filters mainly paint daubs and levels and inverting etc. etc.  I got this little lovely.


You would think that was enough, but no!  I could resist playing around with the sticks image.  So I used restraint and only did two variations!





So that is my bit of digital heaven for this week.  Have a lovely week creating and see you again at Mandarin Orange Monday next week.  Thanks to Lorikart for hosting this link up giving me a chance to indulge in my love of digital manipulation.


10 comments:

  1. Wow I love all the variety of things you have done to those first images! I think I need to start exploring the digital world after seeing yours and Lori's MOM stuff -- very inspiring!
    Thanks for commenting on my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are all great ... and it sounds like you had fun creating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous, Sharon! I still have snow overing my garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, are processed in such gorgeous orange ... still showing us beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow great projects, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore ORANGE and your post ist AMAZING Sharon!
    Have a good week!

    xxx Susi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so many lovely creations Sharon! Have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the first variation and the one with the paint daubs! I can tell you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon you work is fantastic! - so complex in line and rich in colour. My favourite is actually the one your shared on MoM:) Such a mass of textures and gorgeous colour. You are very inspiring:)
    Thank you for sharing on Mandarin Orange Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharon, these are so beautiful! I can't stop looking at these images! Love the play of lines, color, textures...Wow!

    ReplyDelete