Pages

Sunday 21 April 2013

A Watery World



Yay our drought has broken!  It has rained for three days; everything has greened up and growing like triffids.

Today for SundaySketches I decided to keep with the watery theme.




It was really misty yesterday morning and the sun was trying to break through the sky creating this lovely pinkish atmosphere.



This sketch is not so successful, but I love how the sun can shine through the rain and highlight a bit of the landscape.


Er, um, why did I paint this?  Must have been a leftover from my purlow (purple yellow) challenge at APR!  Anyway they are some post tops in my neighbor’s garden drastically changed by me.  I thought they could be people?

The last is a close up of the now sodden and dying Mexican sunflowers that are overtaking my garden!  I had been meaning to paint them for the last couple of months.  This picture is gouache as I thought the yellows would be stronger.  Alas I mess up the background and so tried to save it with chalk pastels. 

Pick of the week.

This week I discovered a blogger that has inspired me – Michelle (Ruess) Remy of http://lostcoastpost.blogspot.com.  She is whimsical, talented, uses bright colours and does marvelous journal pages.  So check her out.

Here are some examples:




Have a wonderful creating wonderful art blessings to you all.

Quote of the week:


In every man's heart there is a secret nerve that answers to the vibrations of beauty.  - Christopher Morley




18 comments:

  1. Yay for the rain...glad it's where you are and not here... :) beautiful artwork.. love the sunflowers.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pieces, really like your landscapes and that sunflower is awesome! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sketch paintings! And the sunflower!! Try having lighter backgrounds next time? You comment a lot that you messed up the background. Maybe time to try something new? Michelle's stuff is fantastic! Thanks for sharing her with us! I will totally head on over and check her out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Paintwork. Absolutely Amazing Collections
    Here's my Work
    http://ashbeezone.wordpress.com/2013/04/21/sassy-diva-sketching/
    }{appy Sunday !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your colourful pieces today - I don't think you messed up the background of the sunflower at all - I really like it!

    Thanks for sharing your new blogger finds with us I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, you have been busy and everything looks great, especially the lovely sunflower! great job and happy SS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your art is wonderful ~ you are so versatile ~ ! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the link to the lost coast blog, Sharon. She inspires me too.
    And I really like your sunflower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks amazing!!!! love these pieces you showcased!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving your watery sketches and the sunflower is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing the showcased pieces. Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your water-y work! Thanks for sharing and introducing Michelle. I look forward to checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely assortment of work this week Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful watercolors. Wow! I LOVE LOVE the fishy!! hee :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful watercolors and so nice of you to feature other artists! Those art journal pages look so vibrant, thanks for inspiring us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your work a lot, so I became a follower of yours.
    Thanks for the link to Michelles page, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. inspiring post - I love watercolors! I happen to like your sunflower - they are my favs!
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such beautiful work, Sharon. I particularly love those landscapes...wonderful sensitivity to color and atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete