Pages

Monday 1 April 2013

Mandarin Orange Monday





Silver Fern
 My starting point for today’s Mandarin Orange Monday entry is a photo of the national emblem of NZ.  I grew up on a bush farm and silver ferns dotted the landscape.  They can grow very large 20m or so.  In some lights the underneath’s can appear to be silver, hence the name.



For the first variation I simply changed the colours to fit in with the orange theme.

Second variation I simply distorted the image in Photoshop filters.


The third and fourth variation, I used the cutout filter and fiddled a bit!

For the rest I use a bit of software I haven’t used for yonks, KPT tools.







Rather a lot of variations I know.  I found it hard to decide what I like best what I liked the best.  However,  finally decided that I liked this one the best.

I have lots of ideas for more variations, so at some stage I think I will be revisiting the silver fern!

Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

  1. All your works are interesting,I can't decide on a favourite,well

    ReplyDelete
  2. You obviously had as much fun as I do playing with images! A beautiful series - hard to choose my favourite - the first orange one? or the 3rd, 4th, 5th??!! Great processing and thank you for sharing them on Mandarin Orange Monday:)

    ReplyDelete