Pages

Tuesday 30 April 2013

April Showers



The prompt at The Artist’s Playroom this week is "APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS".  While that may not be true in my part of the world, we certainly have the rain!



Today I used a small canvas panel and acrylics to create this semi abstract painting.  I tore out the figure from paper and laid it over the canvas then painted with fingers palette knife and splattered to my heart’s content.  Then I lifted the figure off, some of the paint has seeped through but I think it created an interesting edge.

Linking to 
and 

10 comments:

  1. I love this, Sharon! The colors are so bright and the hint of the figure is just right. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful melding of colours and of floers rain and figurevall hinted at. A lovely semi-abstract image. I feel the figure is sheltering from the shower under a weeping willow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh this looks amazing...I specially love the bright colors and the various textures! ...it makes me feel like dancing in the rain :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed very interesting result! Love the vague figure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's definitely raining. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an original piece Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool effect! I like how the man seems to be twisting a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the impressionistic rose shapes in contrast with your abstract human figure, as well as the interesting background. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an interesting piece Sharon. Very abstract and captures the imagination.
    I've missed APR for some weeks but hope to be back soon. That's for keeping me inspired ;D

    ReplyDelete