Pages

Thursday 31 January 2013

God's Promise



The scriptural prompt for Word Art Wednesday this week is Isaiah 54:17



When we accept that Jesus died for our sins, we live under the new covenant. We are made right with the Lord, our sins are forgiven and we can enter into a relationship with him.  His laws are written in our hearts, and in our love for him we obey.  It is not through our striving but from him comes the will to obey.

The inheritance which awaits those who serve God is truth and victory.  It is the protection of God in all times of trouble and his friendship in all periods of adversity and victory over our foes.

and to know that I belong to him. I could not make myself acceptable to God by obeying the Law of Moses. God accepted me simply because of my faith in Christ. Php 3:9 

4 comments:

  1. I love this piece of art, Sharon. This scripture was not entirely familiar to me until this week, and seeing everyone's interpretation of it has really been a blessing to me. I hope you enjoyed crafting with it as well, and that God spoke to your heart through His Word. Thanks for sharing this with us, and have a great week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great piece Sharon!
    I love it!

    blessings
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece, Sharon. I love the combination of colors. And you've used the scripture given which makes it extra special, as far as I am concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon,
    What beautiful colors to frame the scripture. It is breathtakinly lovely.
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday; we love seeing your wonderful art work and appreciate you taking time to join our challenge.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete